CSR Opportunity in Rural Energy Access Projects
Rural electrification and supply of reliable electricity has long been priority of successive governments, who at varying degree of success have been able to improve the access to electricity in rural households. However, in geographically vast and diverse country like India, one can always find gaps and issues with reliable and consistent supply of electricity.
Decentralized Generation of Electricity, specifically using Solar Photovoltaic technology can be proved to be particularly useful to fill the gaps between supply and demand.
Key challenges in providing access to reliable electricity in rural areas
Key challenges in providing access to reliable electricity in rural areas, which are overcome by using Solar Photovoltaic technologies are –
- Remote Locations are difficult and expensive to cater to using conventional grid based infrastructure – Solar Photovoltaic plants can work independently, with or without grid
- Electricity requirement varies, not just geographically, but also time progresses – Solar Photovoltaic plants are “modular” in nature, which means their size can be customized expanded as and when needed
- Operation and Maintenance is often a concern in remote locations – Solar Photovoltaic plants require minimal O&M, compared to other sources of power generation / transmission, especially due to lack of moving components (virtually zero wear & tear)
- Ecologically Sensitive Areas – Solar Photovoltaic plants do not cause emissions or produce any noise, thus suitable for ecologically sensitive locations
This presents an opportunity for companies funding community initiatives as a part of their CSR projects.
Looking for Solar EPC companies in India? Connect with Insolergy Technologies
Bringing together solar power and CSR
By providing low-access rural areas with reliable solar energy, companies committed to CSR initiatives can make a real difference.
A 10 kWp Solar Photovoltaic based micro-grid can power anywhere between 20 to 50 rural households and shops. Further, these systems can supply reliable electricity to public utilities like Schools, Primary Health Centers and Gram Panchayats. Solutions like Solar micro-grids are gaining popularity as a sustainable energy solution and provide opportunities for rural population such as:
- Improved working hours and efficiency among the workforce
- Increased employment opportunities
- Better education, healthcare and lifestyle
Go solar with Insolergy
Insolergy Technologies provides turnkey solar solutions in India. We perform feasibility and cost analyses by evaluating the geographical, electrical, structural and financial components. Our team of engineers work on the custom design to generate the most optimum results from the solar plant.