Solar Installation – A Long Term Investment
In today’s fast paced world, we don’t stop to think how our life has become extremely dependent on electrical appliances. We require electricity 24/7. We need Air Conditioners; we need Water Heaters, Microwave Oven, Home Theatre system, and what not for luxury, and that is just in addition to our basic need. The appliances these days come with many energy saving features and yet still why is our electricity bill not lower than the previous one?
What we often miss to notice is how our electricity bill is structured. We don’t realize subtle taxes and duties, and the fact that the base tariffs are rising each year! And we can’t simply blame the utility companies for that. The tariffs are increasing because the conventional energy source is limited, and our demand for energy is ever increasing.
However, there is one source of energy that will remain with us for billions of years to come (which we can safely assume forever) is SUN!
So, why wait? Let’s go Solar! However, the very first question come to your mind would be – “But I am doing ok with my regular electric supply, then why should I invest in Solar?”
Well, solar installation is a long-term investment, where you can enjoy the returns for over 25 years. It is like- “Fit it, and forget it!” At first, it does look like big upfront investment, but if planned properly, the recovery of investment is also quick enough! Do you know, in Maharashtra alone, a mid-sized commercial consumer can save around 4 lakh rupees per year in electricity bills by going Solar, with recovery period of around 3 years!
But how to make sure that you get everything as expected out of your Solar installation? That is where we at Insolergy step in. We ensure that you get the bang for your buck! This is how –
- The most crucial step is System Design. A given size and type of equipment working well for one place, doesn’t necessarily work the same way somewhere else. Each technical aspect needs to be considered, and carefully weighed. Our team consist of IIT Bombay alumni and Solar Industry veterans, and Technical Design is our forte. We take care of every little thing-from type of equipment to the number of equipment, from available location to its placement/installation, everything!
- To ensure that the panels do not come under any shadow, anytime throughout the year, detailed Shadow Analysis is must. Partial shadows can not only reduce the system output, but are also harmful for the life of solar panels. This step is often overlooked by several installers. It is important that proper shadow analysis is done using appropriate software tools during design stage.
- To achieve long life of the system, a robust system design needs to be backed by use of high quality equipment. It is very easy to get tempted by use of cheaper equipment, but of poorer quality. However, in long run, compromising on quality proves to be more expensive, and ruins the overall performance of the system. At Insolergy, we have a very stern criteria for selecting quality equipment, to ensure the equipment performance is durable.
- Dust and pollution are the major reasons for sub-optimal performance of the Solar PV system in India. We have often observed perfectly designed and expensive system, just covered with thick layer of dust, performing at what is just a fraction of its potential – and all it needed, was easy access for cleaning! Hence, we at Insolergy gives a lot of importance to have proper provision or access for cleaning and maintenance, thus assuring its long term operability.
- Another important factor overlooked by various installers, often for the reason of cost, is use of Safety Critical equipment and proper grounding. A Solar PV system operates at high voltage (up to 1000 VDC and 440 VAC), which are potentially fatal if not handled carefully. Additionally, it is also prone to damage by electrical surges induced by Lightening, unreliable Grid supply or use of heavy machinery. Hence, for the safety of the User and the System, it is necessary that appropriate safety critical equipment are used and proper grounding is done.
- We at Insolergy appreciate the fact that you have put a lot of effort in planning and maintaining the décor of your home and office building. So while solarizing your premises, we ensure that our installation is not just performed as promised, but also blends in seamlessly and looks aesthetically pleasing.
Utility cost is prone to rise year after year. You can protect yourself from unpredictable hikes in bills. Solar projects derive clean and pure energy from the sun. Moreover, Solar system is guaranteed to provide you lower energy rates for today and following decades. So when it comes to investing in Solar, one must not just focus on size or cost. There are many aspects to be taken care of, to ensure durable and long-lasting performance. And we at Insolergy are determined to guide and support you in your mission to go Solar!
Did you like our post? Have any questions? Give your feedback through comments below