18.6 kW Grid-Tied Solar Installation In Pune Bungalow: A Case Study
Insolergy successfully completed the installation of this residential rooftop solar PV system for a bungalow located in one of the well-known societies in Pune. The bungalow was in one of the prime gated communities of Pune. Insolergy Technologies is a leading solar power company in Pune and has implemented residential and commercial solar projects across different cities in India.
Key features of this residential solar project
- Capacity: 18.585 kWp
- Per day power production 5.9 units/kWp/day
- Grid connected rooftop solar for net-metering
- Elevated installation structure, allowing use of roof-space for family
- Complex design to utilize congested roof of the house with delicate installation
- Focus on building house aesthetics post installation
- Real-time solar power plant output monitoring over mobile and web
Solar PV system installation for a high-end bungalow: Challenges & Solutions
- Every residential installation project has one challenge in common and that is execution with minimum footprint and noise.
Our team put lot of effort into design and mock-up assembly done prior to actual installation at site – reducing time of shifting and staging material, and need for operation power tools (which create noise)
- Apart from that, the client in this case was very detail oriented and particular about aesthetics.
Insolergy team thought through the material of structure, panel placement (overall design), and visibility of it from ground – right from planning to execution stage. Also, all the cables and other accessories were well hidden and camouflaged to not spoil the appearance of the bungalow terrace where the system was installed.
Other challenges while installing rooftop solar:
- Complicated roof, with lot of existing features and equipment, above which an elevated structure was installed for mounting solar panels.
- Shifting of material required direct transport from ground to G+2 level using cranes, and careful handling and placement to avoid damage to building structure.
- Providing access for cleaning and maintenance of panels over their life.
- The project was first to be interconnected to the grid in that residential location, and Insolergy had to provide knowledge based assistance during liaising.
Contact Insolergy for site survey
Thinking of installing solar panels? Contact Insolergy for a free site survey. Insolergy Technologies is an emerging leader in residential solar power segment and is headquartered in Pune.